Whittier Updates-New School Year
- A Whittier COVID safety plan has been created for the 2021-22 school year. This plan is a revised version of the re-entry plan that was created last year. This plan is unique to Whittier, but in alignment with the new overarching Salt Lake City School District mitigation plans. The plan includes drop-off/pick-up locations and other important information for families.
- Masks are mandated regardless of age or vaccination status per Mayor Mendenhall's emergency mask order. We will have masks available for students, staff, and visitors. This information may change based on guidance from our state or county health department. Updates will be posted to the Salt Lake City School District.
- The Salt Lake City School District has added four asynchronous student learning days to the calendar. These asynchronous days will take place on October 5, December 7, February 15, and April 19. Please add those dates to your calendars.
- The school hours for Whittier have changed. The new times are:
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM- 2:20 PM
- Friday (short day) 8:00 AM-1:00 PM
- We are excited to introduce two new faculty members to our Whittier team-Talina Carlon 2nd grade and Jaileen Robles 3rd grade. Ms. Carlon absolutely loves climbing, skiing, biking, and traveling (anything in the outdoors, really). She is excited to be a part of the team this year! Ms. Robles loves traveling, staying active, and trying new foods. She is also excited to become part of the Whittier family and meet students.
- Class Lists will be posted on the east side entrance windows at 4:00 pm on Friday, August 20th.
- The Whittier Back-to-School Night open house will take place on Monday, August 23rd from 3:30-5:30 PM. This event will be an open house format where families can come to school during the window of time to meet and greet with me and your child’s teacher.
- The first day of school will be on Tuesday, August 24th.
- I encourage you to follow us on social media- Instagram: @WhittierSLC and Facebook: facebook.com/WhittierSLC to stay abreast of important information and learn about what our school community will be doing throughout the year. We will use social media along with school messenger to disseminate information to families and highlight the work faculty and students are doing.
As always, please reach out if you have any questions.
I am counting the days when I get to meet every student and family in our Whittier community!
Principal, Whittier Elementary