Please note Salt Lake city School Distract is now requiring a back ground form to be filled out, which may in turn lead to a full background check and fingerprinting for all new volunteer. Please click on the link below to get to out HB 175 form.
"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be a different place because I was important in the life of a child."
PLEASE NOTE: All volunteers must check in at the main office, and wear a volunteer badge at all times while in the building.
Parent Volunteer Incentives
Whittier Elementary has once again selected parent involvement as one of our main goals for this year’s school improvement plan. We welcome you to participate in your child’s school community, and your child will receive Wolf Pup Tickets and Wolf Bucks as a result.
Parents will receive credit for volunteer time for up to three hours a trimester, which can occur during the school day, in the evenings or also at home. We have volunteer activities that can fit anyone’s schedule.
Here is the incentive for you and your child:
- Sign in at the office.
- Help out for as long or short a time as convenient.
- Select the activity you wish to assist with.
- Whittier will keep track of your time.
If you wish to help out in the classroom, please contact your teacher first to make arrangements. Day volunteer areas that don’t require prior arrangements include: lunch duty, playground recess duty, or PE assistance.
Evening or weekend volunteering:
- Attend a meeting:
- SCC meets the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm in the library.
- PTA will be meeting at 5:15 pm on the same day.
- ELP Steering Committee meets at 4:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month.
- Help with fundraising activities or donations for the school store (call the principal to set up arrangements).
We appreciate your participation and hope to see you at Whittier Elementary soon!