After School Program
Click here for more information about our After School Program
About the Program
Whittier Elementary School’s After School Program will run from September 3, 2019 through May 21, 2020. It offers an enriching and nurturing environment for students in K-6. Students receive homework support, learn new skills and attend periodic field trips. They receive a snack right after school and have the option of eating dinner provided by Kids Kafe. The opportunities offered in After School Program are an additional support in working toward improving academic skills and knowledge. Groups ratios consist of one adult group leader; responsible for fifteen students.
Why is After School important? After School makes a difference in students' lives academically, socially, and physically.
- Please call 801-481-4846, ext. 125 after 2:30 pm Monday through Thursday or after 12:30 pm on Fridays and ask for Angelica Martinez, After School Program Coordinator.
- 2:50 to 5:00pm / Monday through Thursday; 12:35-5:00pm / Friday
- 5:00 to 5:20pm Dinner is served
- 5:20 to 5:25pm Student pick-up (Please note: We expect that you will pick-up your child prior to the pick-up time. Late pick-up may result in dismissal from the program for the remainder of the school year.)
- Parents, please remember to pick up your students on time! A late-fee is applied to your bill in the amount of $15 if you are 15 minutes late. $1 for every minute after that. Your student may not return to program until the amount is paid in full.
- The Do-Not-Attend List is enforced for failure to pay on time.
- Review all information and procedures in the Parent Handbook. All of your questions are answered in there. Any additional questions, please refer to Angelica Martinez, After School Program Coordinator.
- As a member of the Extended Day/After School Program, Children will be expected to respect the staff, each other, the property and the environment around them at all times. They must never leave the building, grounds or the adult supervision, without explicit permission by the Extended Day/After School staff. Such permission will only be granted by written order of the parent or guardian. Students are to bring all necessary supplies and belongings from school at the dismissal time to the assigned meeting area for Extended Day/After School participants, as they will not be allowed to return to their classroom for forgotten items. The same school rules and expectations of behavior that are in effect during the regular school day apply during After School Program hours. Students are expected to adhere to all school rules and expectations in place during daytime hours. Any child may be removed from the program if his/her behavior threatens the safety and welfare of his/her self, other students or the staff.
- NO Program on NON-STUDENT DAYS and SOME short days (including SEP’s, and the day before Winter and Spring breaks, unless otherwise specified). ALWAYS check the program calendar. See the Upcoming Events dates noted above.
After School Program is brought to you by Salt Lake City Community Education.