Whittier Pre-K is offered through Early Childhood at the Salt Lake City School District. This first school experience is an important time for discovery and exploration while developing independence and social awareness for the beginning of a successful school career. Parents are their child's first and most influential teacher and we are partners in the education of their children. We involve parents through workshops, parent/teacher conferences, and other meaningful activities. Together, we present the best learning opportunities for your child.
The Early Childhood Pre-Kindergarten Program operates in sessions lasting three hours a day, four days a week, for nine months. Most schools have morning and afternoon session. School locations are: Backman, Beacon Heights, Bennion, Edison, Escalante, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Meadowlark, Mountain View, Newman, North Star, Parkview, Riley, Rose Park, Washington and Whittier Elementary Schools.
To Participate Your Child Must:
- Be four years of age by Sept. 1, 2018
- Be able to remain engaged in educational activities for 20-minute blocks of time throughout the session.
- Be able to follow directions.
- Be toilet trained.
We look forward to working with you to enhance your child's learning experiences! For more information call 801-974-8396.
2015-16 Registration for Title I Schools
School locations are: Backman, Bennion, Edison, Escalante, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Meadowlark, Mountain View, Newman, North Star, Parkview, Riley, Rose Park, Washington and Whittier Elementary Schools..
Classes are held four days per week, 3 hours per day and have AM or PM session options.
Title I Pre-K is a partially federally funded program. Tuition is required for this optional program and is determined by yearly income. Please note that enrollment is limited and that participants must be four years old by September 1 of the current year.
Registration: Ongoing until classes are full. Register from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Glendale - Mountain View Community Learning Center.
When: Ongoing until classes are full.
Registration Fee: $20.00(registration fees are non-refundable, in the form of cash, credit card, check or money order).
Tuition: *Based on a sliding scale with proof of income and dependents
Disclosure: The Early Childhood Department reserves the right to cancel a class due to lack of enrollment.
How to Apply
The following documents are required for registration
- Child's official birth certificate (child must be four years old by September 1, 2015).
- Child's Immunization records.
- Proof of home address (such as a bill or rental agreement).
- Parent or legal guardian's picture ID.
- A registration fee $20 (registration fees are non-refundable, in the form of cash, credit card, check or money order).
- Income is verified using your 2013 taxes (1040 form), in which child's name must be listed, if you wish to be considered for reduced tuition.
Registration into the Pre-Kindergarten Program will be ongoing thereafter.